About the NZGFA
The New Zealand Groundspread Fertilisers’ Association (NZGFA) is a trade organization. It was formed in 1956 to protect and promote the interests of the groundspread fertiliser spreading industry, and to ensure representation to local and central government – as well as to government and industry organisations and private concerns.
The NZGFA serves to protect and promote the interests of both individuals and companies involved in the groundspread fertiliser industry.
How we Operate:
The NZGFA national council is lead by the President and two Vice-Presidents and comprises one elected member from each of the seven NZGFA regional branches – Northland, Waikato, Taranaki, Central Districts, Nelson/Malborough, Canterbury and Otago/Southland.
The national council meets quarterly to consider matters of industry interest as well as issues raised by the regional branches.
Within the national council there are four sub-committees covering transport, fertiliser and lime, branch matters and public relations.
The regional branches meet regularly and set their own agendas. Each branch elects its own chairman and committee members.
NZGFA aims and objectives:
- To create a strong industry forum.
- To promote, protect and advance the commercial interests of NZGFA members.
- To assist members with all industry matters relating to the distribution of bulk lime and fertilisers.
- To promote, or oppose (whichever is in the best interests of the NZGFA membership), any measures – legislative or otherwise – affecting the groundspreading businesses of members.
- To promote the benefits of distributing bulk lime and fertilisers to the industry.
- To facilitate industry relations and connections amongst groundspreaders, manufacturers and distributors of fertiliser and lime.
The NZGFA facilitates on-going liaison with allied and associated industry organisations – including the Fertiliser Quality Council (FQC), the RTA, the Rural Contractors Association, Federated Farmers as well as local and central government.
This has resulted in:
- Improvements in the quality of fertiliser spreading, following liaison with fertiliser manufacturers and Massey University.
- Purchasing discounts for members via the n3 business buying power network.
- The development of NZGFA spreader operator training courses.
- NZGFA member discounts on Spreadmark test and audit fees – as well as spreader operator training fees.
- The creation of the NZGFA Health & Safety Manual.
- Templates for sales and purchase agreements for fertiliser spreaders.
Since the organisation’s inception in 1956, the NZGFA has hosted an annual conference for all members. The regional branches each take turns to organise the conference – which features great speakers, workshops, business information sessions as well as networking and good fun.
This year sees the celebration of our 61st NZGFA conference – taking place at the Napier Conference Centre, Marine Parade, Napier from 9th – 11th July.
Registrations are now open. To secure a place, please complete the Registration form and email it to Central Districts Conference Committee Secretary, Heather Smith at email@example.com before 16th June 2017.
The conference theme is Spreading for Profit (Making a Buck Using a Spreader Truck). Come and join us for an informative and family-orientated conference at a Napier’s newest venue. The programme will provide industry insights, workshop sessions, motivating speakers, entertainment and a trip to view some of the highlights of the Hawkes Bay. There will also be a day out for the ladies and a children’s programme on the Monday (10th July).
Remember, registrations close 16th June 2017. Late registrations will incur a fee.
We look forward to seeing you in Napier.
- Download the NZGFA Conference Registration form – Napier 2017